Friday, January 2, 2009

it's a brand new year

january 2nd already! 2009. i wrote it last night for the first time: 1/1/09.
it is funny that it takes a new year to get me out to ride my bike, out to jog, reading at night, etc. studying for the PANCE. i guess i needed something.
randy and i have had a great month. my last rotation was an elective--one i enjoyed. not only was it more laid back but i was less burdened somehow by the absence of an exam at the end of the 4 weeks. then followed 2 weeks of vacation. glorious sleep. sleep filled the majority of my time off. it almost scares me how much i love to sleep. i arose at roughly 1pm this entire week.
i'm feeling refreshed and ready for something new.
randy and i decided to take a step toward welcoming life into our family.
i wonder what will come of it.
my christmas was different this year. each of my brothers and sisters came into town. we made gingerbread houses and GASP-- we sang. we SANG together. hymns and Christmas songs filled my hearth room surrounding my mother's old piano which she so graciously asked me to "store" in my home. it's been one of the most beneficial additions to my life recently.

gotta go to the store.

1 comment:

Scott and Laura said...

Yay a new post! I was wondering if you had forgotten about your little blog. :) Glad things are going well and that you got some sleep.