Friday, April 11, 2008

home from school home from school


so today randy had an important day. i decided (at about 6:50am) that it would be ever so thoughtful of me to blow off my responsibilities to support him-- you know, lay in bed with him, cuddle, spoon, sleep. then when it was time for him to get ready, I jumped up and offered breakfast. I think he liked it. It wasn't a bif production or anything. I asked if I could make him some oatmeal or something as he was shaving and donning the shirt and tie. He said he wanted toast.

But here I am at home, should be at school listening to a lecture about connective tissue disorders. This was probably a bad day to do this.

HOWEVER...

now I am up, ready for the day, and prepped for studying and making the most of today. Tonight there us a crawfish boil for the allied health school, and it will be Randy's very first crawfish boil. This is exciting! He had his first crawfish a couple weeks ago when we went to this seafood restaurant. They let him peel it himself (just one little guy). I will try to post some pictures later because for those of you who aren't familiar, it's kind of a daring adventure to get an enitre cardboard crate filled to the brim with these mini lobster looking things, then squeeze the tail off and peel it (where theres a tiny little scrumptious piece of meat in there) and eat it. yep. just eat it.

We are excited. because as "southern" as he is, he hasn't quite gotten the CAJUN experience.


On a different note, Wednesday afternoon our amazing PA intramural team the PAralyzers headed up against the 1st year PTs (Kickin' Acetabulum). But just before the game, as I was practicing fielding some balls on the infield, I went down and POP I felt and heard a (now-all-too-familiar-sound) pop. STUPID stupid stupid ME! GOSH I can't stand this GIMP thing. It has been a year and 3 months since that fated day on the field when James Tippets' knee (Randy's old college roommate) and my knee collided. Its over. You know- all the worry free sports play of your whole life. - over. and me, I thought I could play now, without my knee brace. the one with the metal hinge that doesn't let me overextend or twist funny.

GRRR!

The swelling was down alot today. It's a little less stiff.

I'm mad.


2 comments:

Schlofmans said...

Your blog is so cute! How is your knee? You need to update this!

Mel said...

hey jaime. i'm so glad you're on blogspot. one of these days mike and i will make up there and see you and other people from your ward. hope school's going well. hang in there.